VV 375: We’ve Seen Stupider Stupids
- HOST: MARK LONGO, THE OPTIONS INSIDER MEDIA GROUP
- CO-HOST: MARK SEBASTIAN, THE OPTION PIT
VOLATILITY REVIEW SEGMENT
- S&P 500, Nasdaq hit new records after October jobs numbers beat expectations
- SPIKES: 13.50 – UNCHD FROM LAST SHOW
- VIX CASH: 12.5 – DOWN .5 FROM LAST SHOW
- VVIX: 85.2 – UP 1.2 FROM LAST SHOW
- VIX FUTURES CURVE: STILL IN CONTANGO
- SPIKES FUTURES
- EARNINGS VOLATILITY
HOT VOLATILITY TRADES
- VIX OPTION
- QUESTION FROM HEATHER: Since you guys don’t like TVIX what else do you recommend?
- QUESTION FROM ELI: Is there one strategy that is the silver bullet in vxx that works over the others. Should I really just buy 1yr plus puts and then set it and forget it? Seems like anything much shorter term is a bit of a crap shoot.
- QUESTION FROM 78RT: What’s the real set-it-and-forget-it vol trade? VXX long-term puts?
- QUESTION FROM OPTIONSGAME: What kind of IV should we expect from CMEGroup options on bitcoin futures?
WHERE WILL VIX/SPIKES BE NEXT WEEK?
- MARK: 12.55
- MEATBALL – 13.07