- Host: Mark Longo, The Options Insider Media Group
- MIAX Hot Seat Co-Host: Shelly Brown – Executive Vice President, MIAX Exchange Group
- Co-Host: Andrew Giovinazzi, Option Pit
- Guest Co-Host: Brian Overby – Senior Options Analyst, Ally Invest
Update on the latest trades, trends and developments in the world of volatility including:
- MARKET SELLING OFF AGAIN OVER MORE CHINESE / U.S. TENSIONS
- VIX cash, Spikes,VIX Futures and VVIX overview.
- VIX options breakdown – LIGHT VOLUME WEEK
- Spikes options breakdown – 18- UP OVER 4 FROM LAST SHOW
- VIX cash – 17.5 – UP APPROX. 3.5 FROM LAST SHOW
- VVIX – 104 – UP NEARLY 4 PTS FROM LAST SHOW
- VXX – 24.3 – UP 1.3 FROM LAST SHOW
- VIX Futures Curve – STILL IN CONTANGO
- And much more…
- HERE WE GO! WE HAVE A LAUNCH DATE!
- Volatility Index SPIKES Futures are expected to launch on MGEX on November 18, 2019, subject to Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) approval. SPIKES Futures will be available on MGEX via the CME Globex platform, providing the SPIKES Futures product with significant distribution from day one.
BIG VOLATILITY WAGERS HIT MARKETS
- At least one options investor dished out $4.3 million for bullish bets on the VIX that would pay out if the gauge jumped to 23 by October, a huge advance from its current level, according to data provider Trade Alert. Another large trade would pay out if the gauge jumped to 25, a level it hasn’t closed at since early January.
- QUESTION FROM IRL8: Do brokers charge more to trade VIX and volatility products?
- QUESTION FROM CO54: Does this notion of having approval levels for vol etps have legs?
THE CRYSTAL BALL
Where will VIX/SPIKES be next week?
- MARK: 17.55
- ROCK LOBSTER: 9.97
- BRIAN: 20