Volatility Views 380: The Long Shadow of XIV
- HOST: MARK LONGO, THE OPTIONS INSIDER MEDIA GROUP
- CO-HOST: MARK SEBASTIAN, THE OPTION PIT
VOLATILITY REVIEW SEGMENT
- MARKETS MIXED AFTER EARLY TRADE DEAL, BREXIT VOTE
- SPIKES: 13.3 – DOWN .95 FROM LAST SHOW
- VIX CASH: 13.2 – DOWN .3 FROM LAST SHOW
- VVIX: 101 – UP 6.5 PTS FROM LAST SHOW
- NEW XIV IN THE WORKS? Ghost of XIV Rises: A New Short Vol Product Is in the Pipeline
HOT VOLATILITY POSITIONS AND TRADES
- VIX OPTIONS
- QUESTION FROM RUNTHROUGH: It sounds like you guys are down on UVXY and for good reasons. Last week’s guest didn’t exactly raise my hopes. Is there anything they could do to get you back into the fold?
- QUESTION FROM MIGS: Will we ever see XIV again?
- QUESTION FROM TROMS: Will there ever be a way to buy just the $VIX index itself as an etf or something rather than just futures?
- COMMENT FROM MARS: Happy holidays to the vol views crew. You guys always wrap up my week in style. Here’s to a great next decade of volatility.
WHERE WILL VIX/SPIKES BE NEXT WEEK?
- MARK: 12.25?
- SEBASTIAN: 13.25?