Volatility Views 360: Revenge of Contango
- Host: Mark Longo, The Options Insider Media Group
- Co-Host: Mark Sebastian, Option Pit
- Miax Hot Seat Guests: Shelly Brown and John Smollen, MIAX Options.
VOLATILITY REVIEW (4:52)
Update on the latest trades, trends and developments in the world of volatility including:
- VIX cash, Spikes and VVIX overview.
- Return of Contango in VIX Futures -(12:30)
- What is going on with Super Tuesday in Spikes options?
- VIX options breakdown
- Spikes options breakdown
- VXX options breakdown
- Bitcoin Volatility breakdown (30 minutes)
- Earnings volatility breakdown for JPM, C, WFC, NFLX, EBAY, GS and more…
The markets are hitting new highs and equity #Volatility is eroding yet again. So where are you getting your #Volatility fix these days?
- Energy – WTI, $USO, etc
- Metals: $GLD, $SLV, etc
- Crypto: $BTC.x, $ETH.x,
- Index: $VIX, $SPIKE, $VXX
- QUESTION FROM GEORGE: What did the spikes folks do to get that sizable 1×2 printed recently? Do you expect any more prints of this magnitude on the horizon? Been evaluating the product and traded my first ten lot recently. Would like to see more big players get involved. Great program. Anything on commodity volatility?
- QUESTION FROM 45O9: I hear you about the weird discount that we’re seeing in dec VIX futures right now. If we see some developments on the international front and vol eventually comes in do you think they’ll still keep dec relatively similar to where it is now. I guess I’m asking is if Dec just looks cheap now because the rest of the curve is somewhat elevated. Once that premium is taken out will dec look somewhat expensive by comparison?
THE CRYSTAL BALL
- MARK – 12.75 – 12.80
- MEATBALL – 12.20-12.25