HOST: MARK LONGO, THE OPTIONS INSIDER MEDIA GROUP
Guest: John Smollen – Executive Vice President, Head of Exchange Traded Products and Strategic Relations – MIAX
- Trade war premium came and went… and came back again… then went again.
- SPIKES – 16, down 2.5-points from last show
- VIX CASH – 16, 2.5-points lower from last week
VVIX – 84.5, 10-points lower than last show
- VIX Options – ADV: 679k, Total 7.51M
Earnings volatility this week
- Monday – box
- Tuesday – GameStop, salesforce
- Wednesday – Stitch Fix, Campbell Soup Company, Vera Bradley, ABM
- Thursday – Beyond Meat, ciena
#Options #QuestionoftheWeek: #Bitcoin $BTC is hovering around $8500 right now. If you had to make a 1-month #options trade expiring 6/31 – would you rather…
Quite the range since the last show – broke through $8000 on the downside now back to $8071
29% – Buy $9000 Call
35% – Buy $8000 Put
31% – Sell $8000 Put
5% – Other, reply/dm w/strat
- Question from Elliot – Looks like BTC is getting very volatile again. What are you seeing out there right now?\
Question from GLN09 – Is there a bitcoin vix?
5-Star review from East Wave – Extremely insightful information delivered by a very knowledgable (and affable) group with great guests on frequent episodes. Great job guys! (miss Don Schlesinger).
- Question from DElement – I thought the major obstacle for the approval of new vol products was the lack of an underlying future or ETF. That seems to be the case with the nasdaq volatility products. How were the MIAX team able to get their spikes product approved by the sec without an underlying? Is that normal practice?
- Question from The Mic – Can you ask the MIAX team if there are any plans for ETPs on spikes similar to VXX or SVXY? Thank you very much for your program.