TWIFO 177: FUTURES OPTIONS QUESTION PALOOZA
- HOST: MARK LONGO, THE OPTIONS INSIDER MEDIA GROUP
- CO-HOST: SEAN SMITH, MD OF DERIVATIVES LICENSING, FTSE RUSSELL
- GUEST: RICK ROSENTHAL – DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, FTSE RUSSELL INDICES – Cboe
WHAT WERE THE MOVERS AND SHAKERS IN FUTURES OPTIONS THIS WEEK?
- TRADE WAR OPTIMISM LIFTING MARKETS, CRUSHING VOLATILITY
- VIX: 13.75 – UP 1.35 FROM LAST SHOW
- VVIX: 95.75 – UP 6.75 FROM LAST SHOW
- RVX: 16.75 – UNCHD FROM LAST WEEK
- VIX/RVX SPREAD: 3 – MUCH TIGHTER THAN LAST WEEK
FUTURES OPTIONS FEEDBACK (FULL EPISODE)
- QUESTION FROM LIKEME: How do I create the movers and shakers report that starts the show each week. Also – can I get some burgers?
- COMMENT FROM INGENUOUS: I love the network and twifo is my favorite show. I tune in every week. No one else talks small cap vol let alone crude and metals vol. It’s a must-listen!
- QUESTION FROM NICO: Why does eurodollar trade so many options?
- QUESTION FROM HOYLER: How far out can I trade russell 2000 options? How is liquidity beyond one year?
- QUESTION FROM ADAM SAM: Hello, I have been using futures options recently to stay in trades longer. My main trade is to sell the opposite of the direction that I think the future is going. So if I think it is going up I sell puts. I used to sell calls further otm as a hedge. This decreases my profit significantly when I am right. Would it be better to buy further otm puts as a hedge with same expiration date or go further in the future for hedging? Thank You for your input.
- QUESTION FROM DLISTER: Since atm implied volatility is structurally higher in russell 2000 does that mean I’m getting better returns for covered calls in small caps than in spy?
- QUESTION FROM MICHAEL SHEEN: How about some gp/usd with all the brexit nonsense going on?
- 5 STAR REVIEW By Rocket Labs: Great show, dynamic and educational! Greatly enjoy listening to your guys show, I am just getting into trading futures and am finding your show educational as well as entertaining! Keep up the great work :)
- COMMENT FROM KEANU3: I greatly appreciate your information on the dairy markets. We need more info on these marketplaces. Please continue.
- QUESTION FROM JACTAN: What’s more volatile these days- WTI or nat gas?
- QUESTION FROM GLIO: What about a product complex report where you break down the most active options in each complex. So an Ags compex report then a Metals complex report and so on.
- QUESTION FROM BELOW: Can you provide any information on upcoming russell volatility products?