OB 828: Clam Pirates, Hobbits and Funky VIX Curves
- HOST: MARK LONGO, THE OPTIONS INSIDER MEDIA GROUP
- CO-HOST: ANDREW GIOVINAZZI, OPTION PIT
- CO-HOST: MIKE TOSAW, ST. CHARLES WEALTH MANAGEMENT
- FIDELITY HOT SEAT: COLIN SONGER, FIDELITY ACTIVE TRADER STRATEGY DESK
THE TRADING BLOCK
- WHAT A WILD WEEK – WORST SELLOFF OF THE YEAR FOLLOWED BY ANOTHER SELLOFF THAT ULTIMATELY ENDED UNCHD. NOW WE’RE IN RALLY MODE
- VIX 17.60 – DOWN 4 FROM LAST SHOW –
- VVIX: 99.88- DOWN 11 FROM LAST SHOW
- VXX: 26.50 – DOWN 1 POINT FROM LAST SHOW
- MARK/ANDREW REVIEW?
- MIKE REVIEW?
- WHAT ARE FIDELITY’S CUSTOMERS TRADING TODAY – ROKU, AMZN, AMD, KHC and more.
- TOP 10 MOST ACTIVE EQUITY OPTIONS
- INDEX OPTION VOLUME BREAKDOWN
- AND MORE…
THE ODD BLOCK
- KHC FUNKY ITM CALLS
- KR LINE IN THE SAND PUT REVIEW
- LBTYK CALL LOVE REVIEW
- QUESTION FROM Steven Tresser: Mark, I love the podcasts and have learned a ton from you guys. I have two questions about protecting profits with puts:
- 1. I’ve heard you mention around 2% as the appropriate amount of premium to pay to protect profits in a stock. Is this 2% of the overall position, or 2% of the profits?
- 2. How would this apply to profits in a long call. Say I am up $10,000 in a long call position and think it still has some upward run. How do I figure out how many ATM or slightly OTM puts I need to protect some percentage (say 50-100%) of that profit? Thank you and keep up the good work! Great show!
AROUND THE BLOCK
- What is on our radar for the rest of the week? – Continued surge of gold and silver, ppi, yield curve, will vix futures work out of backwardation, spx wild ride