The Crypto Rundown 28: Crazy BTC Calls, Crypto Technical Breakdown and More
HOST: MARK LONGO, THE OPTIONS INSIDER MEDIA GROUP
GUEST CO-HOST: Jon Pearlstone, Crypto Patterns
BITCOIN BREAKDOWN SEGMENT
- CRYPTO FLIGHT TO CRYPTO QUALITY IS OVER? – SOLD OFF NEARLY $700 FROM LAST SHOW (NOW $10,730)
- HIT A HIGH OF $11415 ON MONDAY 8/12
- AND A LOW OF $9833 ON 8/15 DURING THE WORST OF THE EQUITY SELLOFF LAST WEEK
- BITCOIN AND THE EQUITIES MARKET – ARE THEY CORRELATED? IS CRYPTO REALLY A “FLIGHT TO QUALITY” ASSET NOW?
- BTC Volatility 30 day realized: almost unchdc from 93.80% to 94.27% this week.
- BTC Options Volume on Deribit finally an active week.
- BTC vol term structure same as last week.
- BTC call/put ratio peaked at 73.4% on 6/17. Up to 66% from 54.4% last week
- BTC OI slightly up to $543 from $528M.
- CME BTC Futures – another light volume day today.
THE ALTCOIN UNIVERSE SEGMENT
- TOP 10 COINS BY MARKET CAP?
- ETH – down $12 from last show
- XRP – down $.02 from last week
- LTC – down $10 from last week, down quite a bit in two weeks since we hit the halving mark
- BITCOIN CASH – bucking the trend up $10 from last week
- QUESTION FROM JACKIE: Does the lack of options volume on deribit week after week prove that there really isn’t a market for btc options?
- QUESTION FROM NAMDO: How far away are the crypto markets from being a real “big boy” market?
- QUESTION FROM SSQPC: Is halving in LTC the big bullish event everyone thinks? Can we expect the same for BTC?
- QUESTION FROM SOLTUD: Are there crypto vol products I can trade?