TCR 35: Going Down Under for Crypto Derivatives
HOST: MARK LONGO, THE OPTIONS INSIDER MEDIA GROUP
CRYPTO HOT SEAT SEGMENT
- Guest: Grant Colthup, CEO of Mine Digital
- What is Mine Digital?
- What sets mine digital apart from other crypto exchanges?
- What products do you currently offer?
- What is a retail crypto derivative?
- Have you seen an uptick in demand over the past six months?
- What types of trading activity are you seeing these days?
- How difficult is it to generate demand for crypto derivatives when there isn’t a strong established derivatives market already in Australia?
- It seems like Australia is becoming a leader in the crypto space. Does it surprise you that Australia has emerged as a crypto mecca?
- Do you think that U.S. will follow suit?
- And more.
BITCOIN BREAKDOWN SEGMENT
- CRYPTO DOWN $160 FROM LAST SHOW – NEARLY $500 POINT RANGE ON THE WEEK
- 30 DAY REALIZED: UNCHD AT 60%
BTC OPTIONS VOLUME ON DERIBIT
- LIGHT VOLUME WEEK
- ONLY A FEW DAYS SLIGHTLY ABOVE $30M THIS PAST WEEK
OPTIONS TRADES OVER THE PAST WEEK
- BUY 150 OCT 7000 PUTS
- BUY 100 OCT 9500 CALLS
- (LAST WEEK IT WAS SELLING 163 OCT 9500 CALLS)
BTC VOL TERM STRUCTURE
- SLIGHTLY BACKWARD IN FRONT CONTRACT
- OTHERWISE SIMILAR TO LAST SHOW
BTC CALL/PUT RATIO
- UP TO TO 58.5% FROM 54%
- CALLS STILL IN CHARGE – SLIGHTLY
BTC OPEN INTEREST
- UP TO $443M FROM $409M
CME BTC FUTURES
- LIGHT VOLUME DAY/WEEK
THE ALTCOIN UNIVERSE SEGMENT
- ETH: DOWN $13 THIS WEEK
- XRP – ALMOST EXACTLY UNCHD – HAD $.02 RANGE ON THE WEEK
- LTC – DOWN $2.5 FROM LAST WEEK
- BITCOIN CASH – UP $4 FROM LAST WEEK
CRYPTO QUESTIONS SEGMENT
- QUESTION FROM RODRIGUEZ: What type of volumes are you seeing for the Bakkt futures so far?