- HOST: MARK LONGO, THE OPTIONS INSIDER MEDIA GROUP
- CO-HOST: MATT AMBERSON, PRINCIPAL, OPTION RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
- CO-HOST: CHRIS HAUSMAN, PORTFOLIO MANAGER, MANAGING DIRECTOR OF RISK, SWAN GLOBAL INVESTMENTS
- THOUGHTS ON THE CURRENT MARKET/VOLATILITY ENVIRONMENT
- CATCH US UP ON EARNINGS VOLATILITY – ANY SURPRISES SO FAR?
- TELL US ABOUT THIS AMAZING NEW BOOK “INVESTING REDEFINED” – Particularly this fun radio program mentioned on the dust jacket!
- Order now on Amazon.
SUMMERTIME MAIL BAG PALOOZA SEGMENT
- QUESTION FROM RAYBACK: Director of risk? How do I get a cool title like that?
- QUESTION FROM KANELLI: 1. Gun to his head – what earnings trade would matt make? 2. What happened to the earnings reports? No more straddle values or move results reports?
- QUESTION FROM HFL9: Would you rather see options on bitcoin futures or more futures listed on more crypto products first?
- QUESTION FROM LLN: What products would you like to see on the bitcoin- crypto front?
- QUESTION FROM JLSMITH: How important is OI when you’re trading options? Are there other indicators that you focus on instead?
- QUESTION FROM GERRILA: What are the AO crew’s thoughts on commodity volatility here? Thinking of using options to expand my client’s exposure to alternatives. What are your preferred starting points? Is it as simple as buying calls or do you prefer futures or call verticals?
- QUESTION FROM TIM: I know you’ve expressed concerns about other commodity and volatility etfs like vxx and uso. What your thoughts on using gld and slv instead – my use case would be using bullish risk reversals 1-3 months out to maintain roughly 50 deltas of bullish exposure?
- QUESTION FROM LEONGE: Are skew premiums and discounts in gold options also reflected in options on etps that track the products like gld? Very informative program.
- QUESTION FROM BOBTON: Where do you think I can make the most meaningful impact to my overall portfolio with options – through income generation, option selling, hedging or speculative buying?
- QUESTION FROM MARK GREGG: Hello. I’ve discovered this program recently and found it to be a tremendous resource for myself and my clients. I’m interested in using short call options as a way to generate additional income from a portfolio of high dividend yield equities. Is this a viable approach or are there risks I should consider when adding an income stream to an equity where an income stream already exists. Thank you very much for this fine program.
- QUESTION FROM TOMMASSO ANDRETTI: Why don’t they teach this sh$t on the CFA or Series 7? WTH?! This is actually useful unlike 99% of those exams.
THE BUZZ SEGMENT
EARNINGS VOLATILITY BREAKDOWN
ANY INTERESTING TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS SEASON?
- THE QUESTION EVERYONE ASKS: WHAT WAS THE WINNER FOR THIS SEASON – LONG OR SHORT PREMIUM?