Exploring the Dark World of Reverse Calendars
Listen to Advisors Option 70: Exploring the Dark World of Reverse Calendars
Options 101: A review of the fundamentals
- Short Calendars
- What is it and why use it?
- Any other thoughts on the short calendar?
The Buzz: What do informed advisors need to know?
- The Dow just registered its longest stint in correction territory in nearly 60 years- failing to move 10% above the closing low hit earlier in the year.
- The majority of fund managers expect the next recession to begin in the second half of next year or the first half of 2020.
- Exchange-listed options mean opportunity for pensions and endowments.
- Best& Worst BDs for Advisors: J.D. Power — 2018
- Average satisfaction score – 726, up from 719 a year ago, on a scale of 1 to 1,000.
Office Hours: Options question of the week
We’re talking about #Crypto #Derivatives at the @BlockchainVoiceConference. So this week we want to know which #Crypto product you’d like to see listed on a major venue next.
- 68% – Bitcoin options
- 8% – Ripple Options/Futures
- 18% – Ether Options/Futures
- 6% – Litecoin options/Futures
Listener questions and comments: What’s on your mind?
- Question from Allen T. – Does it count as a calendar if it’s on two different underlyings? Or is that more of a pairs trade?
- Question from Gall – How many options are actually traded by RIAs?
- Question from D Riley:I have a general question because I’m struggling with hedges. Do most people buy calls or put options as hedges? Do they hedge in, at or out of the money?