HOST: MARK LONGO, THE OPTIONS INSIDER MEDIA GROUP
CO-HOST: CHRIS HAUSMAN, SWAN GLOBAL INVESTMENTS
CO-HOST: MATT AMBERSON, OPTION RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
CO-HOST: ERIC COTT, THE OPTIONS INDUSTRY COUNCIL
- When to roll covered calls?
- What do you do when the stock moves toward your strike?
- Do you close? Do you roll? If you roll, when do you do it?
- Thoughts on best practices when the stock approaches your short call strike?
Takeaways from this year’s OIC conference:
From Eric – Mark did awesome job with Hall of Fame awards, my entrepreneur panel.
OCC May volume up 13.1%
OIC’S new certification program just recently launched. What is it? What types of courses are offered?
- Question from DLVC – Does the SWAN team ever use spy options in their overlays instead of SPX? In general -what are the crew’s thoughts on the advantages of smaller contracts like spy or even the new CME micro futures when trading indexes? It certainly seems like there is a growing audience for these products even among larger institutions?
- Question from TLRV$4 – I’ve heard you guys discuss collars in the past. Has Matt from ORATS ever tested the optimal construction of a collar? Can he share the secrets with the unwashed masses?
- Question from LLN93 – Is there a license or program that certifies someone as a licensed options professional? They could even have different variations like a certified income trader, certified portfolio hedger, etc.