14550/29100 XLU Apr 50/48 put spreads went up in 2 blocks on the PHLX
Shares the Utilities SPDR (XLU) are down .59 to 51.09 today. ?XLU is near the middle of the 52 week range.
- Paper traded 14550/29100 XLU Apr 50/48 put spreads for .65 and .24.?
- The ADV is 35k contracts.? ?
- The open interest is 15326 on the 50s and 29260 on the 48s.
The volume went up in 2 blocks on the PHLX marked spread.? The trade looks like a ratio put spread betting on a slow slide into Apr.? There is some OI on the trade but the pricing is more like buying the 50s and selling the 48s.? So this volume should be additive so check the OI on Monday.
- IV 30 is trading for 15%.?
- HV10 is trading for 12%.?
- IV 30 is below the HV 10.
Select Sector Utilities Select Sector SPDR Fund (the Fund), formerly Utilities Select Sector SPDR Fund, seeks to provide investment results that correspond to the price and yield performance of the Utilities Select Sector of the S&P 500 Index (the Index).