Today paper traded 6437/12874 AAPL 103/105 ratio call spreads for .30. ?This type of call spread is meant to reduce the cost of the Oct 103 call with break evens far and above the 105 strike.?
Put spreads trade in QTWW- rolling down
Shares of Quantum Fuel Systems Tech (QTWW) are down .19 to 3.23.? QTWW is near the bottom of the 52 week range.
Today paper traded 2250 QTWW Nov 3 Nov 4 put spreads at .57.5.?
- The ADV is 366 contracts.
- The OI is 12 and 2250 contracts.
Volume went up in 3 large blocks.? The trade has all the marks of a put buyer rolling down to a new strike.? The investor is taking profits on the Nov 4 strike and buying new puts on the Nov 3 strike.
- 30-day implied volatility is 82%. ?
- 10-day implied volatility is 82%.
- 30 day implied volatility is trading at the 10 day realized volatility
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide, Inc. (Quantum) is an integrated alternative energy company engaged in the development and production of advanced clean propulsion systems, and renewable energy generation systems and services.
Puts trade in NES- long term put buyers
Shares of Nuverra Environmental Solutions (NES) are down .65 to 13.22 today.? NES is trading near the 52 week low.
Today paper traded 1300 NES Jan 2016 puts for 3.70.?
- The ADV is 546 contracts.
- The OI is 141 contracts.
Volume went up in 1 block.? The order was not filled at the outset and 150 more contracts traded for 3.70. This is a long term put buy for either protection or outright speculation that NES is going into the single digits.
- 30-day implied volatility is 77%. ?
- 10-day implied volatility is 43%.
- 30 day implied volatility is trading above the 10 day realized volatility
Nuverra Environmental Solutions, Inc., formerly Heckmann Corporation, provides environmental solutions to protect, enhance and advance environmental sustainability. Nuverra provides full-cycle environmental solutions to a national customer base consisting of two distinct end markets: Shale Solutions and Industrial Solutions.
Call ratios trade in AAPL
Shares of Apple Inc. (AAPL) are up .90 to 101.73 today.? AAPL is near the top of the 52 week range.
Today paper traded 6437/12874 AAPL 103/105 ratio call spreads for .30. ?
- The ADV is 1 million+ contracts.
- The OI is 25000+ contracts on both strikes.
Volume went up two large blocks.? This type of call spread is meant to reduce the cost of the Oct 103 call with break evens far and above the 105 strike.? This is a bullish play but not wildly so.? The position will lose if AAPL moves up too far too fast.
- 30-day implied volatility is 24%. ?
- 10-day implied volatility is 30%.
- 30 day implied volatility is trading below the 10 day realized volatility.
Apple Inc. (Apple) designs, manufactures and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, and portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications.