On Monday, OCC announced that total cleared contract volume reached 319,742,239 in May, an 18 percent decrease from the May 2013’s volume of 391,347,069 contracts.
OCC’s year-to-date cleared contract volume remains higher with 1,789,079,351 contracts, a 1 percent increase from the same point in 2013. OCC’s year-to-date average daily contract volume is up 2 percent at 17,369,702 contracts.
Here’s a cleared product breakdown.?
- Exchange-listed options trading volume reached 315,630,235 contracts in May, an 18 percent decrease from May 2013.
- Average daily options trading volume in 2014 is 17,104,202 contracts, 2 percent higher than the same time last year.
- Year-to-date total options volume is up 1 percent with 1,761,732,803 contracts traded in 2014.
- Futures cleared by OCC reached 4,112,004 contracts in May, a 16 percent decrease from May 2013.
- OCC’s average daily cleared futures volume in 2014 is up 18 percent with 265,500 contracts.
- OCC’s year-to-date total cleared futures volume is up 16 percent with 27,346,548 contracts in 2014.
- OCC’s securities lending CCP activity was down 18 percent in new loans from May 2013 with 99,782 transactions last month.
- Year-to-date stock loan activity is down 8 percent from 2013 with 485,722 new loan transactions in 2014.
- The average daily loan value at OCC in May was $117,951,459,426.