- HOST: MARK LONGO, THE OPTIONS INSIDER MEDIA GROUP
- CO-HOST: ANDREW GIOVINAZZI, OPTION PIT
- CO-HOST: MIKE TOSAW, ST. CHARLES WEALTH MANAGEMENT
- FIDELITY HOT SEAT: COLIN SONGER, ACTIVE TRADER STRATEGY DESK – FIDELITY
- Trade war premium is back
- Most active indices – VIX: 564k, SPY: 2.16M, SPX: 825k
- Most active equity options – AAPL, INTC, DIS, AMD, ROKU, FB, BABA, BAC, TSLA, AMZN
- Uber IPO pricing at the middle of its range.
- Earnings Highlights
- Friday: JD.com (JD), Marriott International (MAR), Tribune Media (TRCO), Viacom (VIAB) before market open
- Uber IPO on Friday, May 10
- Lits puts in Apple Inc (AAPL) – from 3-21
- Put love in Barclays PLC (BCS)
- Put love in Nordstrom, Inc. (JWN)
#Options #QOTW – Looks like the #TradeWar premium is back in effect. $VIX is back over 22. Our question this week is will this premium last? Quite simply – where will $VIX close NEXT Friday 5/17?
Still Lower: <19
Question from KO – You guys buying this $VIX pop here?
Question from Tela – Question for Fidelity Hot Seat host – does Fidelity offer zero commissions when closing out short option trades below $.10?
AROUND THE BLOCK
This week in the market:
- May 9: Jobless Claims, International Trade, PPI
- May 10: CPI, Treasury Budget