Option Block 729: Market Loves a Trade War
Who's afraid of a trade war? Evidently the market is not.Listen to Option Block 729: Market Loves a Trade War Trading Block: The trade war scares no one…? Earnings:
- Tuesday - PepsiCo
- Thursday - Delta Airlines
- Friday - JPMorganChase, Citi, Wells Fargo, PNC Bank
- SPX is celebrating its 35-year anniversary.
- 27% - Short VIX Futures
- 17% - Long $VIX Puts/Spread
- 33% - Long $VXX Puts/Spread
- 23% - Short $VIX Calls/Spreads
- Yes, Short Premium
- Yes, Long Premium
- No, Too Risky
- I trade around the event
- Question from Splitsville - Why is long put/covered call a "collar" while short put/long call is a "risk reversal." Never understood that one.
- Question from Alto - Which do you think has a better chance of happening - no more earnings calls or after hours options trading? And which do you think would be more impactful for options traders? Do you have a preference?
- Jul 10 - JOLTS
- Jul 11 - PPI
- Jul 12 - Jobless Claims
- Consumer Price Index, Treasury Budget
- Jul 13 - Import and Export Prices, Consumer Sentiment
View Mark S. Longo's post archive >