- HOST: Mark Longo, The Options Insider Media Group
- HOST: Brian Overby, Senior Options Strategist, Ally Invest
- Question from Harold Dsouza – Hi Brian. Let me start off by saying I am a big fan of your options playbook radio podcasts. I think you are an excellent teacher. I have been meaning to reach out to you for a long time now. I am 41 yrs old and have been very intrigued by the stock market since I was a kid. I have also had an innate fear of losing my hard earned money which has kept me away from venturing into the market all these years. I have finally overcome my fear and have decided to slowly wade towards the deep end. I have been educating myself for about 4 months now, getting comfortable with the market terminology and its workings. I’ve been reading books on stocks & options trading and listening to podcasts. Absorbing as much as I can. I have had a financial advisor who has been handling my portfolio for the past 6 yrs and honestly I have seen very little gain in my accounts over these years. After listening to your podcasts I am motivated and I believe with the right guidance and education everything is achievable. I have decided to take control of my finances. I have been listening to your podcasts starting from day 1 and listened to them over and over again until i understand the concept. Some of them i’m struggling with, but i am determined to get there. I like the way you break it down into bite sized digestible chunks. My money has been sitting in my trading account for over 3 weeks now. I am a little anxious to take the first step which is picking the right stock. I am still conservative with my money. Hence I am looking primarily at DJI & S&P500 stocks. My focus at this point is to pick right stock that is on it’s way up and sell covered calls on those stocks taking advantage of the current market rally while as the same time getting some residual income. Once I am comfortable I will be looking at handling my finances in its entirety. I need some guidance on how to pick those stocks. I am reaching out with the hope that you could provide some guidance or point me in the right direction to help me get started and achieve my goal. I am currently on podcast # 32, I don’t know if you have covered this in your later podcasts. I don’t know if my approach is right. I am just going with my understanding of what I have been reading and observing and listening. Much like a well read frog in a well..lol. Look forward to hearing from you. Best Regards, Harold
- Question from Joe and Linda – I have been knee deep with you guys for the last 14 months and can’t thank you enough for the wealth of information you provide. One of my favorite quotes: “ Your generosity is only exceeded by my gratitude.” I have a long commute to work in the morning and have managed to listen to all 240+ of the Options Playbook, all of the Bootcamp, 90% of the OIC stuff as well as in and out of the Options Advisor and Futures show. Also haven’t missed Options Block for the last few months… I have a few questions:
– I purchased Dan’s Trading Options Greeks book and was wondering if he had an audio version. Could easily listen to it on my morning commute.
– I seem comfortable with Bollinger Bands, ADX Charts and Volatility Charts, but I am having trouble nailing down a consistent time frame. Should I set the chart for the time I am interested trading or is the 6 month better, 1 year, 2 year….?
– Should support and resistance lines reflect 100 lines for better accuracy? 250? Thank You so much for all your help, looking forward to the future with you guys. Going to be successful enough to be able to travel Thank You guys in person! Thanks Again!
- Question from Jarryd Smith – I have a question for the podcast. What is meant by ‘the tent’? For example, stop the trade when it exits ‘the tent’. Let’s use an ATM Butterfly. Is it the ending ‘tent’, when at the end of the trade it would a max-loss? Or the end of the trade that would still be a profit? Or something else? For example, if I had a 100/150/200 ATM Butterfly on for $25, would I exit if it hit 100 or 200? Or 125/175? Or something else? Thanks!
- Question from Thomas Weber – If I am short a deep in the money call in SPY (delta near 1), what are the odds I will be assigned the Thursday night before Friday expiration?
Do you have a question that you want answered on a future episode? Send them to Brian at [email protected], or to the Option