Volatility Views 293: The Great XIV Debate, Continued
XIV is headed to the graveyard
Listen to Volatility Views 293: The Great XIV Debate, Continued
Volatility Review: The great inverse volatility ETP debate continues. Are they "Frankenproducts" that shouldn't exist? Or are they performing as advertised, but the investing public simply doesn't understand them? Maybe there's a third camp? VIX Cash: Spiked to 46.34 on Tues - Quite possibly the craziest week in VIX history.
Kevin's Weekly Rundown
- VIX Options: ADV - 983k, VIX call/put: 2.8
- Commodity Volatility
- Bitcoin has been moving in lockstep with the market.
Volatility Voicemail: Volatility flash poll
XIV is headed to the graveyard. But, as of this writing, $SVXY is still trading. Do you still have confidence in this product? Quite simply - do you think $SVXY will still be trading at the end of the year (12/31/18)?
- I'm hiding under the bed
Options question of the week:
VIX is moving like crazy today day. It's already blown past 23 and is threatening 35. So let's dial up our $VIX threshold for extra #ZombieApocalypse fun. You buying or selling these levels? Quite Simply: Where will $VIX close on Friday?
- Crazy Town: 30-35
- ZombieApocalypse: >35
- Crazy: 25-30
- Mildly Crazy: <25
Listener questions and comments:
- Question from Chris T - The most I can lose buying SVXY is the price I pay, correct? So can I buy it around 10 and treat it like a lotto ticket call?
- Comment from Scott Somer - Another day another day with a very large sell off heading into the start of the Option Block and an up move in the S&P Futures during the "Trading Block" #OptionInsiderRadio #OptionBlock #GreasyMeatball #RockLobster
- Question from Lamina - $VIX cash is trading above the futures right now. How is that possible? Isn't the cash value derived from the futures?
View Mark S. Longo's post archive >