Advisors Option 63: Using Options in IRAs
Options are a powerful tool that advisors can use in IRAs. Need to know how? We have you covered.
Listen to Advisors Option 63: Using Options in IRAs
Tricks of the Trade: Using options in retirement accounts.
- What are the limitations of trading options in a retirement account?
- What strategies can you utilize?
- Stock replacement strategy: what is it?
- Long-term stock replacement strategy with a covered call, aka fig leaf strategy.
The Buzz: What do informed advisors need to know?
- 2017 turned out to be a pretty good year for options - even with no volatility - also ETFs
- The new tax bill - not many changes for options users.
- akeaways from the 2017 Fidelity RIA Benchmarking Study.
Office Hours: Listener questions and comments
2017 was the "Year that Volatility Died". So our first question of the week for 2018 is a puzzler. Quite simply: where do you think $VIX will close at the end of the year?
- Between 7.5-9.99
- Between 10- 12.49
- Between 12.50 -14.99
- Above 15
Listener questions: What's on your mind?
- Question from L Penguin - I'm a new options trader and I want to buy a LEAP call because it looks like the stock is going to go to up in the next 12 months, but I don't want to commit yet. I also want to generate income while I hold that position. What are your thoughts on selling the call while I have the leap? Also, this stock has an attractive dividend that I'd like to capture. Is this even possible? Interested in your thoughts, thanks!...I was thinking about buying a deep in the money call for the LEAP, and then depending on where the stock is trading at the time, sell closer to the money.
View Mark S. Longo's post archive >